A Little Tussie Mussie

Feb 22, 2015

Do you know what a Tussie Mussie is? I didn't until I started to plan my wedding. They have been around since Medieval times. I did a little research and here is what I found.

 The term tussie-mussie comes from the reign of Queen Victoria (1837–1901), when the small bouquets became a popular fashion accessory. Typically, tussie-mussies include floral symbolism from the language of flowers, and therefore may be used to send a message to the recipient.

Well these cute little accessories have become popular craft  projects and I've made up one for you!
I found a template HERE. I used some lovely distressed paper from The Paper Studio: Barnwood Pretty and then added seam binding in taupe, an organze ribbon in yellow and last some shredded paper in pink. The image was purchased from The Cameo Shoppe. I printed the image on Gina K paper then backed it with a sturdy white and kraft papers.
This was a fun project and I highly recommend making on for youself. This item as well as several others can be purchased in my ETSY store and I also have items listed on EBAY.
Have a wonderful and crafty day!
Post a comment (0)

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger